Jump to Section:
The Adcanvas platform supports 4 special Call To Action functions that you can easily add to your creative. These are:
- Location: Tapping on the creative opens up the user's maps application and displays the locations you specified in Adcanvas
- Call: Tapping on the creative calls the phone number defined in the Adcanvas platform
- SMS: Sends your predefined text message to the number you specify
- Link: Directs the user to your specified URL
After specifying the basic options for your campaign (name, tags) and creative (title, template, placement size and platform, if applicable), under the Extra Features section you'll find Call to actions.
To quickly get yourself up to speed on the CTA functions, you can head over to the NEXD page and watch our short (it's only 15 minutes long) webinar go over the features and how to use them.
Specifying CTA Text
By default the Link call to action will be selected with the text in the Action Bar being "Learn more". If you want to change this, click Call To Action Text field and add your own text. For example "Click here" or "Buy now". This is the text your audience will see in the action bar, when your campaign is live.
Changing the CTA Type
To change the type of CTA used in your creative, click the drop down box and select the action type you want to use. As each CTA type requires different information you'll be prompted to enter the relevant details each time you change the CTA type
Setting Up Your CTAs
Once you've chosen what type of CTA you want your creative to feature, you'll be asked to enter the info to bring it to life.
You'll need to enter the following information:
- Location: The locations that you want to be displayed on the map (NB currently this needs to be done manually, however a future update will add the ability to mass upload location data via CSV file). You should also specify whether you want the map to focus on the nearest location to the user, or show all locations at the same time.
- Call: Enter the phone number you would like the ad to start calling once the user taps on it.
- SMS: Enter the phone number and the text message content you would like to send to that number when the user interacts with the ad.
- Link: The URL you would like to redirect the user to when interacting with your creative.
NB! Please specify a fallback URL whenever using any CTA function other than Link. In the event of a user's device not being able to perform the selected function (say, no SIM card installed) it will still be able to reach your campaign page.
Setting Up Your Assets
As the Call To Action bar appears as an overlay at the bottom of the creative, it's important to make sure that no important creative elements are obscured. When adding assets to your creative you'll be prompted to open the cropping tool, so you can see exactly how your creative will appear with CTA bar once it's live.
The CTA bar itself isn't a fixed height, but is calculated as 10% of the width of the placement. So, for example, if your placement size is 300 x 250, then the CTA bar will be 30 pixels high. In general, we recommend a safe are of between 30 and 50 pixels at the bottom of your creative, should you wish to place any important elements in that area, depending on the size of the placement (eg logo)
Using Multiple CTA Types Per Creative
If you have chosen a creative template that contains multiple assets, for example 3D Cube, Pixel Pages and Prism, it's possible to apply different CTA types to each asset. For example, one can open map, another trigger the SMS and another a phone call.
To do this, simply enable the "Asset specific click action" option. Once enabled, you will be able to apply unique CTA functions and settings to each asset by selecting them in the asset management tool on the right of your screen.
Currently, the following templates do not support asset specific CTA types:
In feed Horizontal Panorama
Horizontal Panorama Video (Full screen)
In feed video
Full screen Vertical video
Horizontal Panorama (Full screen)
In feed Float video